206796 views 955 likes 194 dislikes
Channel: Designed by Maria
In this video I will tell you step-by-step how I used feather finish concrete over my existing laminate countertops to transform my kitchen. I also painted my backsplash and replaced the sink.
The main steps are:
1. Prepare your home for dust & concrete.
2. Sand & clean your countertop to accept the feather finish.
3. Apply feather finish in about 4 thin, even layers.
4. Let it dry about 3 hours between layers.
5. Sand & clean your countertop between layers.
6. Apply 2 coats of 511 Impregnator. Cure for 24 hours.
7. Apply 3 coats of Safecoat Acrylaq in even strokes.
8. Let it dry about 3 hours between coats.
9. Sand between coats. But, not after final coat.
10. Cure for 24 hours.
"This is not a Rock Song" by Monplaisir
My blog post on this topic:
Video length: 13:53
Category: Howto & Style
* This video was originally published here
Find a local concrete contractor in your area to help you with your concrete flooring needs by searching here on Concrete Floor Pros.